1

Monday, February 21, 2011

Yo-yo diet agony of Britain's fattest teenager: Georgia was 33st at 15, 18st at 16... now she's 40 STONE at 17

Britain's fattest teenager, who once lost half her body weight at a U.S. fat camp, has now hit an astonishing 40 stone.

The distressed 17-year-old said her weight gain depresses her so much that she responds by eating even more.

Georgia Davis from Aberdare, south Wales, faces an early death unless she takes urgent action to tackle her weight. But Ms Davis says she is struggling to even face up to her problem.

Georgia Davis, from Aberdare, when she weighed 34stone. She finds it difficult to face up to the reality of her size

Georgia Davis, from Aberdare, south Wales, when she weighed 34stone. She finds it difficult to face up to the reality of her size

The 5ft 6in teenager said: 'I try not to think about it too much, otherwise I panic and it makes my eating problem worse - but I do know it's serious.'

Miss Davis, who covers up her bedroom mirror so she can avoid seeing herself, only manages to get out of the house once a week and regularly eats junk food for lunch.

'Of course people stare, but I don't care what they think any more - I'm used to it,' she told The Sun.

Just a few years ago the outlook was far brighter for the teenager. In August 2008, a 33st Georgia was told by doctors to 'lose 20 stones or die'.

Spurred into action, Georgia attended a £3,600-a-month Wellspring diet academy in the UK for nine months, during which time she shrank to 18st and beat her Type 2 diabetes.

She was seen by behavioural coaches, food psychologists and fitness trainers and encouraged to walk 10,000 steps every day.

She returned to the UK in June 2009 to look after her mother Lesley, 55, who has a heart condition.

At the time the energised student was optimistic about her chances of success and vowed to drop a further seven stone.

She said:‘I used to look at myself in the mirror and cry. Now I smile and say, “Yeah, I like myself”.

'I like my face and I like the way my body is shaped. The world is my oyster and I feel I can achieve anything.'

But today Georgia admitted the omens were not promising when she returned home.

'When I arrived my mum said she hadn't had time to prepare any healthy food so we had fish and chips instead,' Georgia said.

'For that moment on, I had a niggling feeling that things weren't going to work out.'

Georgia Davis appeared on TV show Good Morning America in 2009 after losing 15st. But the unhappy teenager has since piled it all back on

The teenager appeared on TV show Good Morning America in 2009 after losing 15st - but she has since piled it all back on

Ms Davis said she had enjoyed playing sport in America but that the same facilities weren't available in her home town and she couldn't afford to join the local gym.

'I soon found I was becoming less mobile, just like before,' she said.

The youngster has strenuously defended herself from accusations that she is lazy, although she admits her weight gain is her own fault.

She said at the camp she had been in a controlled environment where she consumed 1,500 calories a day. However, at home she felt isolated as neither her family nor her friends were sticking to a healthy eating plan.

'This is my problem and I know I have to solve it again,' she told The Sun.

'But I'm only human and I'd be lying if I said I didn't need support.'

At her slimmest, Georgia had a normal life expectancy of 80 years, but at her current weight she is not expected to live past 20.

Georgia said she wants more help from the NHS, saying her problem is no different from drug or alcohol addiction.

The troubled teenager said: 'I know I'm probably eating myself to death again but at the moment I can't face up to it.'

Georgia was so delighted with her weight loss in 2009 that she shared her story on GMTV. However, she was unable to keep a healthy regime going

Georgia was so delighted with her weight loss in 2009 that she shared her story on GMTV. However, she was unable to keep a healthy regime going

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner